Sunday, April 06, 2008

My my my, my my my, my my

Tonight an extended LA Supperclub celebrated Todd's big 29 at The Foundry. Really great food and our waiter was amazing. We finished it all off with Doughboy's red velvet cake, and if I didn't have to be in a bathing suit in a month, I would have licked my plate. (You see, we have our annual company meeting in Palm Springs at the end of the month. Christine is convinced that we'll be able to get away with wearing shorts and a t-shirt in the pool. She can say that since she's the size of a Nano, but for us regular folk, the ole shorts-n-tees bit would scream "cover up", which of course it would be.)


***

We're going over "theme-ing" in teacher training (i.e. setting a theme for your class). I got really great feedback, but the more I tried to integrate it, the deeper I got in my head. You know, I really want to *get* it. I feel like I should be better - that this stuff should be a no-brainer. The answer is totally obvious - just get myself out of the way. But how? I've been there before but f**k if I know how to sustain it. The fight's deeply ingrained and I just want the silver bullet.

This whole practice teaching business has me thinking about elite athletes and how when the pressure is on, that's when they turn on. How do I get in the habit of that? Is it a habit? See where I'm going with this?

***

I have a huge crush on this song. I can't stop thinking about it. I'll be working, or studying, or talking to someone and all I can think about is putting my headphones on, turning up the volume, and dropping in. This song is beautiful: at once thick like winter, and innocent like spring. Ours is an understanding that transcends physics or even the cornerstones of mental health. Now if only it could like, send me flowers at the office or meet my family. That'd be great.


No comments: