Sunday, June 22, 2008

thieves like us

I checked The Hollywood Bowl off the list of things I need to do before leaving LA. (Not that I have any imminent plans to move; this just doesn't feel like the kinda place you live the rest of your life.) Scarlett, TJ, and Stephanie (?) and I went to see Thievery Corp w/ Bebel Gilbreto and Los Amigos Invisbles opening at the Bowl tonight. Finally, the unbearable traffic I suffer through every week of the summer has paid off: I walked to the show. That little perk partially justifies my rent. Now if I only go 1700 more times, we'll be gettin' somewhere.

I'm the casual Thievery fan. I know their songs mostly from yoga stuff. That prob won't change much, but they were SO. MUCH. FUN. Perry Farrell came onstage for a number, and so did Seu Jorge. They really just rocked it. Since I missed the Hayden show on Friday I meant to go to until sleep became more important, it was a really good reminder of how much I love to watch live music. Immediately after the show I bought tickets to Dandy Warhols w/ A Place To Bury Strangers.

***

Found my new favorite coffee shop: Intelligentsia in Silverlake. And not because I saw Ellen Page there (adorable), or because of the insane number of hot guys. Just because the cofffee's THAT good.

***

Two celebrities in one day (yeehaw): Today at the Hollywood Farmer's Market I saw Natalie Portman with her boyfriend. She reminds me in real life of my friend Hannah.

***

P.S. Pet Peeve #41 -- When AMERICANS talk about "Americans" as if they weren't also Americans. Example from Yelp: I just returned from Europe and...I thought I had to settle with what Americans think is coffee.

2 comments:

A-Lo said...

Please tell me it's over between Natalie and Gael! He promised me he was done with her.....

A-Lo said...

I'm tired of this old ass post. Where is the new entry??