Wednesday, January 14, 2009

stuff.

I had kind of a sucky day. I got to work at 7 this morning, and I didn't leave till 8 p.m. I left work thinking about the phone call I received late in the day. I walked to my car thinking about the whole workshop this weekend, and how growth doesn't have to blow. I thought about the fact that there's always an upside. And then, no matter how much I wanted to shift into a different place, I thought about how sometimes there's no amount of talking myself into joy. And then two things happened:

First, as soon as I walked in the door, I received a text message from my mom which read: "Here's what Jesus said when accused of being a glutton: All things said, wisdom is proved righteous by its works. Mathhew 11:19." I'm not especially Bibl-y but I dusted off the good book. The timing was serendipitous. I'll take solace where I can find it.

Second, my friend Brian has like, the best disposition in the world. He takes bad days like a champ. I left our chat w/ a little more perspective.

And now, it's time for bed.

No comments: