Tuesday, February 24, 2009

India days

Since returning from my trip, I've been asked to describe my experience in India. "Was it amazing?" Well, yes, and yet, a bunch of other stuff too. Perhaps it's my own frailty as a writer, but I don't know how to package a country that can't be captured in adjectives. There's a saying that "writing about music is like dancing about architecture." The same is true of India.

Here's what I can tell you: India is the boy you've been eating lunch with for years and then one day you look over and suddenly realize you're in love.

P.S. Every government should sponsor elephant rides.

1 comment:

Honore de Balzac said...

If you can't package something in adjectives, use verbs. Come to think of it, use verbs anyway. Adjectives make weak writing. ;^)

Dancing about architecture sounds like a superb idea!