Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Happy Anniversary to me!

I've hit the five year mark. It seems like just yesterday I wrote my first entry. Actually it doesn't. Not at all. I've been writing for freakin' ever. Since you were born. I started to count the posts but didn't get very far. *cough*English major.*cough* Anyway, I never know who's reading and I always assume it's no one, so if you're reading this, thanks. It's cool of you. (Update: I just checked the dashboard. 590. 590 little pieces of joy.)

***
I've started a list of words I have trouble spelling or grammatical mistakes I make frequently. Can you relate?

  • palette / pallet
  • loathe vs. loath
  • that vs. which

***
Tonight's the full moon and lunar eclipse. Because I'm all new agey I set my intentions then burnt them. I wished for the balls to clip someone who always posts about hating Obama. Not because I actually care if someone likes him or not, but because it's annoying that there's no way to hide status updates through the mobile FB client. Maybe I should wish instead for the FB team to create a more robust iPhone app. (I just said that to be nice.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy congratulations..i've been using your blog for reading for quite some time and it's also good for laughing. Keep it going!

C Lu said...

I feel like I contributed to a portion of this post in a small way. It's one of my proudest moments, which (not that, although I realize this is not when said usage is confusing) says more about how little I've actually accomplished than anything else.

vanessa said...

Anon: Thanks! I'd reply something witty but I'm hungover.

CLu: Two things: 1) Your parenthetical notation was confusing. I like your irony. 2) This post was totally inspired by our Sametime. Think of it as confessional. I needed a way to get all my gaffes out on the table. The list is TBC...

Anonymous said...

The V-Fi Blog is must read. I read it every day!

sd