Tuesday, March 25, 2008

And the award for the LEAST inspiring yoga teacher EVER goes to...

Yes! I just found out, via ABC News 7, that I am acknowledged in the DSM-IV. Well not *me*, per se, but my illness: addiction to the Internet. I suppose it's another affliction altogether which led me to believe that that a disorder is all about me! me! me!

Did I ever tell you about the time I took AbPsych in college and by the end of the semester I was convinced I had OCD, narcissism, BDD, and ADD? It was like I'd won the f**ked up lottery! I only was bummed I couldn't add anorexia to that list. Sure, the obsessive counting and measuring were there but I really lacked the discipline to follow through.

None of this should be a shocker to any of you who've read this blog for any length of time. And though I've softened with age, every once and a while those neuroses still peak out from behind the covers just to let me know that I should still consider therapy. Maybe of the electro-shock variety.

***

The other day I decided that I'm no longer practicing handstand if it's against a wall. I'm only practicing it in the middle or the room. Which means that I haven't practiced since last week. Dude I'm such a chicken.

Okay it's midnight and I have spin at 6 a.m. That means 5 hours of sleep.

No comments: