Sunday, May 18, 2008

just a girl from kent

Ominous news at my company... we got a last minute email today stating that tomorrow night we have a mandatory, all-company meeting. Now, since we were all just together two weeks ago in Palm Springs, I'm thinking this is big news. (Call me quick.)

***

Thanks, KRISTIN, (not) for getting me hooked on The Hills. Wtf? It's seriously a show about absolutely nothing.

I'll give you a rendition of a typical Lauren/Whitney conversation. Read slowly. (Alternatively, you could leave your computer screen right now and go watch paint dry. You'll see more action.)

Lauren (walks in shared office, sits down): "Hey Whitney."
Whitney (sitting behind desk): "Hey Lauren."
*silence* *Lauren rubs her lips together to even out the lip gloss.* *Whitney twirls her hair**more silence**still, more silence and not in the Buddha kinda way*.

THAT'S the show. I'm not even kidding. And yet, I watched SEVEN episodes of Season 3 this weekend after Kristin assured me, "it's SOOOO good." Not only is it not good, but I hate myself for watching it again. And again. And again. (I'm actually going to have to watch a couple of more so I can see the season finale. Can't miss that!)

My take on the show's "characters":

Lauren: You spend WAY too much energy making the point that you hate Heidi.
Audrina: Fire your dentist, dude. Your teeth are comically white.
Whitney: I kinda like your shyness. KINDA.
Heidi: Needy.
Stephanie: Who raised you?
Spencer: Ditto.
And, my least favorite person on the show...
Lo: Hater.

Okay, off to spread my curmudgeonry to my dreams.

1 comment:

A-Lo said...

you nailed the convo's that happen on the Hills. for some reason, they like to edit in lots of uncomfortable silence. however, i loves me some Hills and will continue to watch teh non-drama unfold!