Thursday, October 15, 2009

Why I'm bugged right now

I am depressed. Care to know why? Because normal people can handle simple things, like, say, getting on an airplane. You know, basic stuff -- you book a flight, you get a boarding time, you allow yourself ample time to get to the airport, and you board. That's normal people. I, apparently, am sub-normal.

Today I gave myself an hour to get to the airport from work. F'ing play-offs. I got stuck in massive Dodger traffic tonight so I must curse them. I curse you, Dodgers. I got to the airport and tried to get through security but got stopped for my bag. This little squeaky guy (whom it turns out I wanted to punch) thought it looked too big. It wasn't. And now, I'm just pissed. And bummed. I wanted to wake up in Austin tomorrow but instead I'll be trying to make a flight to Austin. And I kinda feel like my inability to consistently get to the airport on time has crossed some sort of line by now. I kinda feel like I should be grounded maybe. But then I remember that I have to get up at 4:30 a.m. to catch the replacement flight and I realize that's punishment enough.

Tally ho.

3 comments:

peewee said...

Hey! You can't be good at EVERYTHING. But I know what you mean. I feel that way when I just don't pay bills because I simply forget. And then get a $39 late fee. But I figure, I have GREAT parking karma...I always get the best spots. SO, whatever. I'm gonna go have some coffee now.

peewee said...

If you want to start your day off right, Go to my blog today. (OCT 21) It will NOT disappoint. And I posted that JUST for you!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you why I'm bugged...

YOU haven't submitted a blog in a week!