Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Why does ESA (PeopleSoft) suck so much?

*begin rant* The consulting firm for whom I work was recently purchased by another huge firm. Our new HR system (time and expenses) is this behemoth piece of s*it, PeopleSoft. I didn't think I could dislike a piece of software THIS much. A. Each bit of information that you enter resets the form so that you have to wait for the refresh to happen before you can continue. On a single line item, this happens 5 times. Awesome. B. It's so poorly designed so that even God couldn't intuit how to use it without a 5,000 page instruction manual. C. It's incredibly slow. I'm not sure if this is because it's hosted in India or it just sucks.

I'm dying to know who the analysts, architects, and developers are that are like, proud of this system. How did QA sign off?

I feel really angry that I've only created 7 expenses, and it's already taken me 30 minutes. I have 10 more to go. *end rant*

1 comment:

A-Lo said...

I feel your pain. We use PS as well - and that shit ain't user friendly!